Monday 26 December 2011

Meowth!


This is my cat. He is big. He is grey. He is fuzzy. In a nutshell, Boo (his name) is a big, gray and fuzzy cat... Or should I say a gray, fuzzy and big cat? A fuzzy , big, gray cat? A gray, big, fuzzy cat?

o.O

For those who are not very sure on how to arrange these adjectives in a series, there is actually a pattern for this. Ladies and gentleman, let me introduce you to the royal order of adjectives.



As you can see, all the adjectives can be classified in different categories. So, looking at the table, I should say "Boo is a big (size), fuzzy (shape) and grey (colour) cat." If I am to add more adjectives, such as "expensive(observation)", I should say it before I say all of the physical descriptions - Boo is an expensive, big, fuzzy and grey cat.
There will be some exceptions to the pattern in the table above, but this table will help you. Do not worry if you are still confused with this pattern. Practice, and in time, this order will become instinctive when you use the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment